It's often seen as easier not to have a memorial service or funeral, and it's certainly seen as a less expensive alternative. But we're here to say this: an easy, cheaper path is not always better one. Grief experts all agree: a ceremony is an important part of the healing process.
We believe those who served our nation are deserving of special attention, and we will take care of all details in securing the benefits your veteran is entitled to receive.
Cremations have become a popular choice. We’ll help you through the cremation process and then in creating a sacred space for cremated remains.
Pre-need planning is a gift to your loved ones.
Planning for services before you need them is a thoughtful way to help your family avoid burdensome decisions at a time of grief. It’s also the best way to make sure that you and your loved one’s funeral wishes are honored. Pre-planning with Sylvain Funeral Home ensures that:
- Your wishes are represented after your death.
- Your family members and loved ones do not have to make difficult decisions during an emotional time.
- Financial responsibilities are simplified (pre-funded funerals avoid increases in costs).
Pre-planning has several advantages, including giving you the ability to design your entire ceremony in order to minimize decisions for loved ones, it can include as many details as you desire, such as:
- Traditional funeral and burial or cremation services
- Viewing, wake or reception
- Location (funeral home, place of worship, cemetery)
- Religious/spiritual ceremony or secular gathering
- Specific readings, music for service
- Donation requests in lieu of flowers; memorial contributions
- Special requests
We have several plans available and would be happy to discuss them with you in one of our private offices or at your home; whichever is more convenient for you. We understand that even when you are not ill, planning your own funeral can be an emotional conversation. Our goal is to make you as comfortable as possible and make the decision-making process easier. We will keep your plan on file, at no cost, so that when the time comes to say goodbye, your loved ones will have peace of mind knowing that your wishes have been fulfilled.
After Care Services
After The Funeral Ends…The Care Continues.
Often times the most difficult period after the loss of a loved one may be after the formalities are over. It can become overwhelming and a constant reminder of your loss. Sylvain Funeral Home can help.